School Counseling Program
Dear Students, Parents, and Staff:
Our school counseling program goal is to serve as a resource for all students, school staff, and parents. I provide a comprehensive program that provides social-emotional and behavior support services that can be used to enhance school climate and optimize the learning and social-emotional competencies of all students. Thi is done through a variety of services and activities provided within the 3 school counseling domains: 1. Academic, 2. Career, and 3. personal/social development. I provide classroom lessons, individual and group, crisis support, consultation and referrals to community resources.
School Counselors are professional educators with a mental health perspective. With this training we are able to function as facilitators between parents, teachers and students in matters concerning students’ goals, abilities and areas needing improvement.
Students, I am here to help you with:
- Working out friendship problems
- Setting goals
- Working well with others
- Feeling good about yourself
- Adjusting to a new school
- Learning how to make decisions
- Managing your feelings (stress, worry, anger, etc.)
- Dealing with peer pressure and bullying
Parents, I am available to assist and provide you with:
- Exploring ways to help your child succeed
- Improving parent-child communications
- Referrals for community resources
- Understanding the developmental changes of childhood
- Supply reference materials
- Information to help understand your child’s needs
I’m on campus Monday through Thursday and can be reached by phone at (530)532-6000 ext. 2607 or by email at email@example.com or via text at (530)433-9603. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.