Dear Parents, Guardians, and Community Members,
On behalf of the Board of Trustees and the Palermo Union School District Team, it is with great pleasure that I welcome our students and families to the 2017-2018 school year!
The Vision of the Palermo Union School District is that all Palermo students will receive a meaningful and challenging education that will provide the opportunity to become life-long learners and motivated to be contributing members of society.
Together, we can accomplish this by:
- Articulating high expectations for the performance of all students and adults
- Focusing on student achievement and developing content and instruction that ensures we meet our students’ academic needs
- Creating a culture of continuous learning for adults tied to student learning and other school goals
- Using multiple sources of data and diagnostic tools to assess, identify, and apply instructional improvement
- Engaging the community to create shared responsibility for student and school success
- Promoting the success of all students by acting with integrity, fairness, and in an ethical manner.
I would also like to encourage you to get “involved” in our schools. We have a fantastic school district with many opportunities to volunteer. Feel free to speak to your child’s teacher or the school principal about opportunities for involvement.
I hope you are as excited as I am about the 2017-2018 school year!
Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions, concerns, etc.
Dr. Bryan L. Caples